The Chefs Larder is the chefs canvas, where we develop our love of haute cuisine into a fulfilling dining experience.
Based in the West Coast of Scotland, we have a passion for all culinary aspects, from foraging, preparation, creating dishes and of course tasting the final flavours.
Our blog welcomes you into our kitchen, where we hope to showcase everything from special dishes, recipes, trade secrets, events, reviews and everything haute!

@thechefslarder

Sunday 22 June 2014

Smoked Salmon Tian, at The Blythswood Square Hotel

Recently I stopped off at The Blythswood Square Hotel for a wee coffee and to get some work done. This is something I do quite regularly, as I always enjoy watching Kenny McGowan's table side manner (and he makes a cracking coffee). Hearing he was leaving, I thought I'd pop up and see how he was.


After an hour or so toiling over my report, he presented me with what has to be one of the best starters I've had in Glasgow. 

The remoulade of crab and lemon was refreshing and crisp, and complimented the cool spinach and leek Vichyssoise. There were three small cubes of crab bisque jelly, which added another element of salt and subtle crab flavours; as well as the salty, crisp salmon skin garnish. 
This cool salmon dish couldn't of been better suited to outstandingly sunny day. The simple combination of flavours amounted to something very special indeed. Well done to the young head chef Morven Gibson, who is evidently getting some great work done behind her pass.

@thechefslarder